Are you bored of interior designers choosing their own designs for your kitchen? If so, then it’s time to consider adding a personal touch to your kitchen design. Adding this custom touch allows you to express your personality and style in the heart of your home. It allows you to create a space that expresses your tastes and therefore, it will be a place you want to spend time in. Moreover, having a custom kitchen in Sydney enhances the overall cooking and dining experience, and will, in fact, elevate the style of your whole home. Having it completed by reputed and highly experienced designers like A-Plan Kitchens & Bathrooms will absolutely set your property apart stylistically as well as make you feel right at home. After all, you chose the design.
So if you want to add a custom touch to your kitchen space but are unsure where to start, or feel a little daunted, this guide will help you explore various ideas and strategies that you can implement in your new, beautiful kitchen.
- Add colour: A lot of individuals plan on going with subtle hues or with the latest trends as per the advice from their interior decorators. but adding the colours you personally like to your kitchen space is simply one of the easiest and best ways of adding your touch to the space. No matter whether you want to go with red, green, yellow, or orange; paint the walls the colours you like the most Not only that, but you can also change the material of your cabinets and drawers when considering custom kitchens in Sydney.
- Try a Natural Light Backsplash: A well-lit kitchen is loved by everyone. Natural sunlight beaming through the windows casting pretty shadows onto your kitchen island or dream benchtop will surely make your day. Many people try to cover the windows with art walls or picture galleries. Use a backsplash as an opportunity to showcase your style. You can make use of materials such as mosaic tiles, patterned ceramics, or even a customised mural to add visual interest and reflect your taste.
- Lighting Fixtures: Lights are known to set the vibe of any space. Hence it is very important to choose the fixtures that suit your personal style. Chandeliers, pendant lights, and statement light fixtures are all known to add character and create a personalised atmosphere in your kitchen. Lighting really is a game changer when it comes to custom kitchens in Sydney.
- Unique Countertops: The countertop is one such area where you get the maximum opportunity to experiment. People who want to go with traditional materials can choose granite or stone. Using concrete, metal, reclaimed wood, and glass are all ways to better express your style and add character to your kitchen.
- Customized Storage: Customised storage offers endless possibilities for adding a personal touch. You can customise drawers, cabinets, and shelves which allow you to incorporate cookware, utensils, and appliances as per your requirements. This will also help you maximise the available space in your kitchen where you can make use of every nook and corner of the kitchen. You can also custom-design storage areas to display your cookware or personal favoured objects.
- Decor: Decor certainly plays a very important role in adding a personal touch to your kitchen. You can add personal touches through photographs, artwork, or decorative items that have sentimental value to you. You can bring nature indoors by incorporating plants in your kitchen, too, or herbs to use in your cooking. It is a kitchen after all! This will not only add aesthetic to the area but will also create a fresh and lively atmosphere in the kitchen.
Whether you are renovating your whole kitchen or just adding final finishes, it is always worthwhile to get it customised to make the place look like yours, not just something out of a magazine. There are a lot of ways to achieve this, however, you need to be very specific before picking the style and aesthetic you want to go with.
If you are looking for inspiration for custom kitchens in Sydney, you really don’t need to look further! A- Plan Kitchens & Bathrooms are here to assist you with all your custom-design needs. With years of experience, they have the skills and techniques and knowledge of trends to give their clients exactly what they are looking for.