Ending a tenancy can be critical for the landlord and tenant of a rented property. The end-of-lease cleaning is one of the most crucial. This is done to ensure that you move out with no problems. Every tenant is responsible for the final cleaning leased property. The tenant has two options depending on their time and knowledge. Or they can hire professional end of lease cleaning in bathurst. Both are possible, but the lease contract at the beginning of a tenancy requires the latter. Here are some reasons why the end-of-lease cleaning is so vital.
Secure Your Bond
It is standard practice for landlords to retain a certain amount (e.g., one month’s rent) as a security deposit at the beginning of every tenancy. The landlord returns this sum when the tenant moves out and leaves the property in the same condition as when it was occupied. Normal wear and tear are acceptable.
Suppose the property is unsafe for habitation or has poor sanitation. In that case, the landlord can use the bond money to pay for repairs or sanitation by end-of-lease cleaning professionals.
You are legally bound to perform it.
A lease agreement between the landlord and tenant is legally binding. Most property owners include a clause regarding the termination of lease cleaning. The property must be returned in the same condition as it was at the beginning of the tenancy.
If a tenant refuses end-of-lease cleaning, the landlord can use the bond money to restore the property to its original condition. If the property/unit is badly damaged or uninhabitable, the landlord can also take legal action against the tenant.
Different from regular cleaning
Regular home cleaning to remove dirt, dust, and germs is different from bond cleaning. It takes less time. These are just a few differences between regular and end-of-lease cleaning.
- End-of-lease cleaning involves the complete property being cleaned
- It takes a lot of effort and time.
- You may need the help of experienced end-of-lease cleaning professionals
- It is not possible to bond clean the property before all tenant belongings have been removed
- The security deposit is required, but it is not an issue when cleaning is done regularly.
- End-of-lease cleaning requires extensive use of cleaning products.
Do You Need to Perform End of Lease Cleaning?
This is a common question that tenants often ask, especially if they are moving out of their rented property for the first time. There are many factors that you need to take into consideration when trying to find the right answer. Here are some of the most important.
- Check the lease agreement to find out if it contains a clause about hiring professional end-of-lease cleaners
- Was the landlord able to have the property cleaned by professionals before the commencement of the tenancy
- Are you a pet owner? If so, talk to your landlord about enlisting the help of professionals.
- To determine if DIY end-of-lease cleaning is possible, assess the property’s condition, your availability of time, as well as the support system.
- Ensure you have all the necessary cleaning supplies and equipment for your activity. Also, make sure you are familiar with the correct methods to use them.
End-of-lease cleaning must be completed by every tenant who resides in a rented property to obtain the bond money and to move out without hassle. To understand why the end-of-lease cleaning is important, you must first be a lessee.