Roasted vegetables with or without meat are my favourite meal. They’re served over rice and topped with a drizzle of sauce. This recipe is simple, easy to prepare and has endless flavour options. This week’s recipe was Curry Roasted Vegetable Bowls with a Lemon Tahini dressing drizzle. It’s easy, delicious, colourful, tasty, and filling. You will be looking forward to the leftovers. 🙂
What is CURRY POWD?
Let’s talk about curry powder, which is responsible for all the seasonings in the bowls. Curry powder is a warm mix of spices that has been pre-ground to replicate the Indian spices. The curry powder blend typically includes cumin, turmeric, coriander, and other spices. Each curry powder mix is different, so trying out different brands and recipes may be necessary until you find the right one. This homemade curry paste recipe is for you to follow if you want to make your curry powder.
AVOID MORE RISKY ROASTED VEGETABLE BOWLS
My curry roasted vegetable bowls were simple because I love simplicity. But, you can make them fancier if you wish. A light dusting of raisins could add a wonderful pop of sweetness to the dish.
Sliced almonds would add a wonderful crunch to these bowls without overpowering the strong flavours.
Rotisserie chicken or Yogurt-Marinated chicken are great options if you’re looking to add meat.
SWAP THE GRAINS OR VEGETABLES
This recipe can be modified in a multitude of ways. You can substitute any vegetable you want. You can substitute any vegetable for broccoli, sweet potatoes or asparagus.
This is also true for the “bed”, which you will use to make these bowls. You can substitute brown rice with white rice, couscous or quinoa.
WHAT LONG DO LEFTOVERS LISTEN?
These simple bowl meals can be stored in the fridge for four days. Keep the dressing on the side. Your mileage will vary depending on how fresh your ingredients are and what conditions you have in your refrigerator. Below is a link to my top meal prep containers that can be used for meals such as this.
CURRY ROASTED VEGETABLE BOWLS
These colourful curry roasted vegetable bowls are full of vibrant flavours and can be packed up for weekly meal prep.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice long grain (uncooked) $0.40
- 1 head cauliflower (2.29)
- 3 carrots (0,24)
- 1 red onion (0.37)
- 1 cup frozen peas (0.60)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 2 Tbsp curry powder ($0.30)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
- 1/3 cup tahini ($1.13)
- 1/3 cup water ($0.00
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ($0.18)
- 2 cloves minced garlic ($0.16)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin ($0.05
- 1/4 tsp cayenne ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- Because rice takes the longest time to cook, it is best to start the rice first. Mix the uncooked rice with 2 cups of water in a large pot. Cover the pot with a lid and bring the water to a boil. After the water has boiled, reduce the heat to low and allow the rice to simmer for 45 minutes without stirring. Turn off the heat after 45 minutes and allow the rice to cool for five more minutes.
- After the rice has been cooked, you can move on to the curry-roasted vegetables. Pre-heat the oven to 400oF. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and cut the carrots. Cut the red onion into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place the red onion, carrots and cauliflower on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the olive oil on top. Then, add the curry powder. Toss the vegetables in the oil and spices until they are evenly coated. Place the vegetables in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes. Please stir them after 20 minutes, and then roast for 15 more minutes. Then add the frozen peas to the roast vegetables and mix well. Finally, return the baking sheet to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Make the lemon tahini sauce while the rice and vegetables are cooking. Blend the tahini with water, lemon juice and minced garlic until smooth. Leave the dressing aside.
- After the rice is done cooking, fluff it with a fork. Each bowl or container for meal preparation should contain 3/4 cup of rice. Add 1/4 cup of the roasted vegetables. Just before serving, drizzle a few tablespoons with the dressing.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories: 480.38 Kilocalories: 66.68 G Protein: 14.18 G Fat: 20.38g Sodium: 579.93mg Fiber: 12.85g